Funding annual research grants for glioblastoma brain tumors is one of the key goals of The Nick Gonzales Foundation. The Foundation had another blessed year in 2010 and was able to increase our total funded research amount to $199,200 including:
- $20,000 Research Donation to Karen L. Fink, M.D., Ph. D.
- Director of Neuro-Oncology
- Neuro-Oncology Associates
- Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
- Dr. Fink is one of the principal investigators in the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative (BTTC) that is hosted at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. The BTTC includes 12 Neuro-Oncology institutions cooperating to create innovative treatments for brain tumor patients. Their mission is to discover new and effective therapies for the treatment of patients with brain tumors, and particularly to bring exciting new agents and strategies from the laboratory to the clinical setting.